Register now for immediate access to this program.Register Now
for PT member
$40 for PT non-member
$25 for PTA member
$30 for PTA non-member
$20 for Student member
$25 for Student non-member
June 10, 2020
Adult Athletes, Extreme Sports, Physical Therapy
Welcome to 2020, the rise of the adult-onset extreme athletes and fitness enthusiasts. When you see adult athletes wanting to return to extreme training, how prepared do you feel in selecting assessments, and then bridging the program design gap for a progressive return to play? This course answers these questions, beginning with the variables that define today’s popular extreme programs, to identifying and measuring the physiological demands, considering your patient’s age-related changes, and then offering an evidence-based algorithm to help your patients progressively return to play.
- Differentiate the defining variables for popular extreme conditioning programs
- Identify the anatomical and physiological requirements for full participation in these programs
- Describe the injury prevalence for adults engaging in these training regimens
- Describe the age-related physiological changes that influence participation safety
- Identify assessments for the key components of participation
- Construct a return to play progressive conditioning outline to bridge the gap between physical therapy and extreme conditioning program demands
Program Titles and Supporting Materials
This program contains the following components:
If applicable, you may obtain credit in multiple jurisdictions simultaneously for this program (see pending/approved list below). If electing credit for this program, registrants in jurisdictions not listed below will receive a Certificate of Completion that may or may not meet credit requirements in other jurisdictions. Where applicable, credit will be only awarded to a paid registrant completing all the requirements of the program as determined by the selected accreditation authority.
How to Attend
Join the self-paced program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer and high speed internet connection. You may start and stop the program at your convenience, continue where you left off, and review supporting materials as often as you like. Please note: Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari for best results.
You may access this course on a computer or mobile device with high speed internet (iPhones require iOS 10 or higher). Recommended browsers are Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.